Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Shape Issue 2014: Madame Ambassador

This issue's Lives article, titled "Madame Ambassador," is about the American ambassador to Libya, Deborah Jones.  This article caused me to be able to see into the life of a female ambassador, which isn't a life I have ever even heard of before.

Everyone has heard the word ambassador before, and most have a vague idea of what this means, but I think it's safe to assume that very few actually know the duties of an ambassador.  I, for one, did not.  In fact, I'm still not entirely clear.

This article makes it known that the life of an ambassador is a very dedicated and dramatic one.  Jones is married to her job and she enjoys it very much.  She has a constant threat of her own life, and has had a few "close calls" in her career.  Somehow, the word "ambassador" never really struck me as dangerous.  This article helped me to further understand the kind of life this person leads.

Things I Would Have Done Differently:
I would have talked more about what Jones does in her job.  Obviously a large amount of her duties are classified, but even a vague description would have been helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment