Saturday, April 5, 2014

The Shape Issue 2014: Keeping Up With Kimye

I tried.  I really tried to review this article without bias that the media provides me about Kanye West and Kim Kardashian.  I read Anna Wintour's letter, which gave me a sense of hope for the article.  However, I just can't take this seriously.  I can't read an article about a "cultural phenomenon" (yes, that is Kim's title as provided by the article) and a man who apparently films his infant daughter moving around and then actually spends time editing it to make it look as if she is break-dancing.  I believe the intentions of Vogue in their choosing of Kim and Kanye for the cover were good, but it just simply did not carry out as they planned.  I don't think Kim and Kanye should be in this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment